All Saints Wedding
Ahh... the end of the year is nigh... two more beautiful weddings to shoot and then hol*i*days. Just saying...
We've had a solid run of country / vineyard weddings lately, so, it was a nice change of pace to shoot a city wedding. Jas & James were married at All Saints and had their reception at the Strand Rugby Club.
Lesson of the day
Sometimes being careless pays off (sort of).
• Steve gets camera out of camera bag in the boot of car
• Steve shuts boot, but leaves camera bag unzipped
• Jess says: "Steve, where is the bag?" Steve says: "Jesso, it's in the car, back in a tick"
• Steve grabs camera bag - yes, the one that he forgot to zip up
• Several of the contained (and very expensive) lenses go rolling down Ann Street.
• Steve has minor/major panic attack - but somehow manages to retrieve runaway lenses.
• Zips bag up... runs back to church (may or may not have remembered to tell Jess of incident)
• Head out to location shoot
• Finish location shoot - back to car to put gear away
• Jess: "Steve, why is there a camera battery sticking out the bottom of the boot door?" Steve: "Ummm... (sheepishly recalls earlier events)"
• Jess: "Steve, in fact, where is the camera bag?"
• Steve: "....... *blink*....... ummmmm would you believe its sitting on a pew in the church?
• Raced to the Strand VIA All Saints Church - where camera bag was being sung to by the church band (well, they were practicing anyway)
• All camera gear safe and sound.
What's the point? If I did not forget to zip the camera bag up, the camera battery would not have got jammed in the door - and Jess would not have noticed - which lead to to noticing the missing bag.
See - it pays to be careless sometimes..... right?